You might wonder why you should sell art on social media? The online art marketplace is a tough landscape, there are millions of incredibly talented artists competing with each other to be the next big thing and to get the attention of the buyers.
Here are a few tips for you to use in your social media marketing to make sure that the buyer picks your art!
Sell art on social media
In order for you to succeed you need to focus your efforts, the five social media platforms that will give you the most exposure are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest, as these are the biggest platforms and the easiest to manage.
Here are a few simple steps to stand out from the thousands of other artists online:
- BE DIFFERENT – Don’t just take pictures of your artwork and expect people to flock to your page and throw money at you, in order to stand out from the crowd do something different. You can post a video of yourself explaining the story behind your artwork, how you came to create it, what inspired you and how you as an artist is different from others.
- BE FUNNY – Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there, make a funny video where you dance around your artwork and showcase it, you want the buyer to associate your artwork with the happiness you are portraying.
- ALWAYS INCLUDE A PICTURE OR VIDEO – When posting on platforms such as Twitter or Facebook it is important that you post your artwork as it will drag the attention of the buyer to your post.
- ALWAYS INCLUDE YOUR LINK – Make sure that you always include your own personal Gallerima link in your bio and in all of your posts as the buyer should not have to actively look for your work it should be easy for them.
- BE ACTIVE AND INTERACT – We understand that being an artist takes a lot of time but try to make sure that you post daily on social media and that you interact with the people on your page, answer comments, like their pictures and make sure that is not just you screaming at them to buy your work, successful marketing is a two-way street.