Visual art is all about evoking emotions without using words — which is exactly what the right wall art decor can do for your home.
You’re likely looking for different emotional responses out of the various spaces in your home.
Productivity for the office, calm for the bathroom, vibrance in the living room; all of this is possible with art!
No home is complete without wall art decor bringing it all together, and we’re here to tell you exactly how to make the most of your wall space.
Let’s get decorating!
Making a Plan for Your Wall Art Decor
Before you set out on the journey to discovering the perfect pieces to bring your walls to life, you should have a plan in place.
After all, no vision can be realized without having one in the first place!
Ask yourself some of the following questions when considering how to fill a wall:
- What emotional response am I hoping to provoke out of this wall?
- What color schemes are already in place in the room?
- What pieces of artwork have I been most drawn to in the past?
Once you’ve answered these questions, you can begin to visualize exactly how the space might come together.
If you’re at a loss as to what types of artworks you should consider for your home, check out this article for some suggestions.
Consider Color for Your Wall Art Decor
Color is one of the most prominent ways to provoke an emotional response out of viewers of art. Our human minds are trained to associate certain colors with certain feelings, and the possibilities are nearly endless.
As mentioned at the top of this article, different rooms call for different emotional reactions.
Check out this brief guide to potential color schemes for common rooms in your home:
Red: Demanding, impassioned, excited, daring, urgent
Orange: Energizing, confident, cheerful, approachable
Yellow: Abundance, clarity, optimism, enlightened
Purple: Creative, protective, loyal, thoughtful, imaginative
Black & White: Sophistication, power, hope, cleanliness, simplicity
The Living Room / Den
Blue: Reliable, trusting, peaceful, strengthening
Brown: Stable, reliable, genuine, endearing
Gray: Balanced, stable, secure, mature
Pink: Romance, beauty, love, sensitivity
Gold: Wealth, success, wisdom, charisma
Green: Soothing, healthy, healing, life-giving
These color scheme suggestions are merely meant to guide you. There is certainly nothing wrong with putting a prominent red painting in the living room as a centerpiece, or a sophisticated black and white photograph in the bathroom.
Remember to consider surroundings, as well. A profoundly purple print, for example, might clash distastefully with yellow wall paint.
Still — don’t overthink things. Sometimes the most unlikely of color combinations are the most provoking. Get experimental, you can always edit your wall art decor!
Style Suggestions for Your Wall Art Decor
If you’re looking to lighten your creative burden and go with proven styles for your wall art decor, we have some awesome suggestions.
- Abstract Paintings: These works are perfect centerpieces for almost any room. Dynamic and thought-provoking, no two people interpret abstract paintings the same, which makes for a very versatile piece of work that everyone can admire.
- Photographs: Photos are the perfect way to elevate any space — and there are so many different types to choose from. You could get a large photo to work as a focal point or several smaller photos to build out a grid-like format, where different pieces come together to tell a larger story.
- Prints: One of the fastest-growing artforms on the market today, prints contain unique attitudes that can enrich any space. Typically lesser in size, prints tend to work better in smaller wall art decor settings such as the office or kitchen. And make sure you don’t forget about digital prints — which are revolutionizing the art industry as a whole!
Where to Find Wall Art Decor
In the 21st century, there are more art buying options than ever before.
Gone are the days where you have to go to expensive art galleries to find truly stunning works. In fact, most art buyers prefer shopping online to reach a larger pool of dedicated artists from around the world that meet their tastes.
You can find some great art on social media — but it’s important that buyer beware. If you don’t personally know the artist, make sure to ask for:
- A portfolio of their work
- Customer testimonials
- A money-back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied
This is a precaution you need to take to vet potential scammers, who seek to capitalize on the emerging online art market with fake accounts or unoriginal works.
The best place to find wall art decor safely and securely is through reputable online art marketplaces such as Gallerima.
Here at Gallerima, we pride ourselves on collecting the best pieces of original artworks from around the world — making it your one-stop-shop for all your wall art decor needs.
We use an escrow system to ensure protection for both you and the artist. Your account won’t be charged until you’ve received and approved the piece, making for a trusting and reliable buying experience.
Ready to get started on your search for stunning wall art decor?
Browse around our marketplace! We’re honored to have you join us!