As a sculpturist in 2021, you know that in order to compete in the art industry, you have to sell your sculptures online to take advantage of the market.
While it’s always a good idea to keep a strong local presence in showcasing your sculptures, tapping into the online marketplace can help you to reach a larger, more targeted audience from around the world.
In this article, we’re giving you everything you need to know to sell your sculptures online, including:
● How to market your sculptures for online selling
● How to price your sculptures
● Where to sell your sculptures online
Are you ready to start getting your masterpieces out there into the world?
Let’s show you how.
How to Market Your Sculptures Online
As an artist, we understand that M word (marketing) can be a scary term for you.
After all, you didn’t get into the art business to be a marketer. You make sculptures to release your inner creativity, and share your pieces with people who will truly value them.
However, as an up-and-coming artist, you are responsible for actually reaching those people who care — and that is done through marketing.
To capture the personality and truth behind your sculptures, make sure you are doing the following:
- Take pictures of your sculpture(s) in versatile locations. Demonstrate to buyers all the potential placements and uses of your sculpture — the more you can help the buyer visualize your sculpture in their own home, the more likely that they will purchase it!
- Write great descriptions of your piece. Make sure to include dimensions, materials used, and a short explanation of the project. Descriptions allow online art perusers to connect with your piece, and are an integral part of the marketing process!
- Be unique in every step that you take. While you are marketing, you aren’t selling insurance. The more of your own unique personality you can inject into your descriptions and photographs, the more authentic the process will be.
How to Price Your Sculptures
To actually sell your sculptures online, you are going to have to identify and implement a pricing strategy that seems rational to the consumer.
We get it — it’s hard to place a monetary value on a piece of artwork that you have put your heart and soul into.
But once you’ve put the price tag on there, you can release the stress that comes with it.
Here’s what you should keep in mind when pricing your work:
● The Market: what are other sculptors — especially those with similar accolades as yourself — charging for their work?
● Low / High Strategy: Do you want to sell your sculptures online at a lower print in order to attract more customers and get sales, or come in higher in order to create a sense of prestige?
● Reimburse Materials: While you may not be able to make huge profits at first, you need to be pricing your art so that, at minimum, you are recouping the cost of materials required to make your sculpture.
For a more comprehensive pricing strategy for selling your sculptures, check out this helpful guide.
Where to Sell Your Sculptures Online
One of the beauties of being an artist in 2021 is that there are so many channels for getting your artwork out there.
But that doesn’t mean it’s going to be easy. In order to effectively get your art to the masses, you have to list your sculptures in the right place.
It seems that everyone is using their social platforms to promote their artwork these days, and for good reason.
Platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and more can be a great way to get your artwork out there and sell your sculptures online to your following.
But that is precisely the drawback of social media, as well. You are pretty much limited to selling to your following, unless you run targeted ads that can be expensive and aren’t guaranteed to lead to conversions.
Online Art Marketplaces
Online art marketplaces such as Gallerima connect up-and-coming artists like you with a worldwide audience of art buyers.
That means a better chance to sell your sculptures online, as you will be organically reaching people who are actually interested in buying art. The platform does the work of listing and marketing your sculpture, while you get back to doing what you love most: making art.
By using third-party sellers to get your art out there, not only will you have a much better chance at converting sales, but you’ll also get your name out there into the art buying community. It’s great for your branding yourself even if you hate branding yourself — just list your sculptures and let the platform do the rest!
Conclusions: You Can Sell Your Sculptures Online!
As a 21st century sculptor, it might be easy to feel forgotten from time to time.
But people are buying sculptures for their homes, offices, and social spaces every day, and they are using the internet to do it.
By using great marketing practices, pricing your art correctly, and listing your sculptures in the right place, you can be the sculptor that is actually selling.
Don’t be complacent!
Get started today by applying as an artist here at Gallerima.
We’re always looking for talented sculptors like you, and you’re looking for a place to sell your sculptures online! It’s a match made in heaven.