When selling with Gallerima it is important that you promote your artwork online because
if you promote your artwork in your own channels and someone purchases it through your
link, Gallerima will not take any commission and you will receive 100% of the sales. So here
are our tips and tricks on how to market yourself and your artwork.
The five social media platforms that we recommend are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,
YouTube and Pinterest, as these are the biggest platforms and the easiest to manage.
Here are a few simple steps to stand out from the thousands of other artists online:
1. BE DIFFERENT – Don’t just take pictures of your artwork and expect people to flock
to your page and throw money at you, in order to stand out from the crowd do
something different. You can post a video of yourself explaining the story behind your
artwork, how you came to create it, what inspired you and how you as an artist is
different from others.
2. BE FUNNY – Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there, make a funny video where you
dance around your artwork and showcase it, you want the buyer to associate your
artwork with the happiness you are portraying.
3. ALWAYS INCLUDE A PICTURE OR VIDEO – When posting on platforms such as
Twitter or Facebook it is important that you post your artwork as it will drag the
attention of the buyer to your post.
4. ALWAYS INCLUDE YOUR LINK – Make sure that you always include your own
personal link in your bio and in all of your posts as the buyer should not have to
actively look for your work it should be easy for them.
5. BE ACTIVE AND INTERACT – We understand that being an artist takes a lot of time
but try to make sure that you post daily on social media and that you interact with the
people on your page, answer comments, like their pictures and make sure that is not
just you screaming at them to buy your work, successful marketing is a two-way